How to Generate Data Matrix in SSRS
Data Matrix,designed by International Data Matrix in 1989, is a two-dimensional matrix symbology which is made up of nominally square modules arranged in either a square or rectangular form. Data Matrix is able to encode high-density data in small space and is widely used in marking small items.
Barcode Generator for SSRS is a fully-integrated visual barcode control which helps you build powerful reporting solution for SSRS projects using Visual Studio 2005, 2008 and 2010. It supports most popular language scenarios such as VB.NET, C#, Managed C++ and Borland Delphi for .NET.
Data Matrix .NET CRI Control for SSRS is a custom report item control which can be freely installed on computers running Microsoft SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008 Reporting Services. Flexible licenses include royalty-free and perpetual developer license.
Complete tutorial on how to create Data Matrix in SSRS by using .NET generation SDK is provided. Data Matrix valid character set, data mode, format setting, barcode size setting, barcode standard and IDE & OS requirement in SQL Server Reporting Services are demonstrated in details.
Data Matrix Barcode Generation in Reporting Services (SSRS)
Valid character set includes:|
- Standard ASCII values 0-127
- Extended ASCII values 128-225
The same data may be represented by different Data Matrix symbols through the use of different code sets. Auto, ASCII, C40, Text, X12, EDIFACT (EDF) and Base 256 data modes could be changed easily. |
30 format available range from (10X10) to (144X144) and (8X18) to (16X48) to form either a square or rectangular Data Matrix.|
Properties relating to X, Y dimension, barcode width & height, quiet margin etc. could be adjusted by C# & Visual Basic codes.|
Customized reports with barcode images could be exported to other file formats such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents.|
Create & save high quality PNG, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF image formats in SQL Server Reporting Services.|
Requirement of Data Matrix Barcode Generator for SSRS
Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
-.NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
- C#, VB.NET, Managed C++, Borland Delphi for.NET
- Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010
-Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2010
Create New Reporting Services Project in Visual Studio
- Download and unzip the Barcode Generator for SSRS Free Trial;
- Start Visual Studio and create new "Business Intelligence Projects", and then select "Report Server Project Wizard" template. In the popped up "Connection Properties" form, select "AdventureWorks" as data source and lick "OK".
- Copy "SELECT CustomerID, TerritoryID, AccountNumber FROM Sales.Customer" to the Query string input box of "Report Wizard" window, and then click "Next".
- Select "Tabular" as report type and click "Next".
- In next 3 dialogs "Design the Table", "Choose the Table Style", "Choose the Deployment Location", choose default setting of them and click "Next".
- Name the report "Barcode in Reporting Service 2005", and then click "Finish" to complete the creation process.
Generate Data Matrix Barcode Images in SQL Server Reporting Services
- Navigate to "Avapose.linearbarcode.winforms.dll" and add it as item on toolbox, then barcode item "LinearWinControl" will be displayed on toolbox.
- Add column named "Barcode" to show the barcode images to the report, then drag and drop the "LinearWinControl" to the "Barcode" column.
- Switch to "Properties" window and change property "BarcodeData" to "=Fields!AccountNumber.Value".
- Click "Preview" tab to view the report with Data Matrix image.