How to Generate Code 128 in SSRS
Code 128 is a high-density, self-checking, bidirectionally decodable linear barcode with a mandatory check character. The Code 128 has three "character sets" or "character modes." The selection of code set depends on the Start character or, within the symbol, on the use of Code A, Code B or Code C characters or the Shift character.
Barcode Generator for SSRS is a fully-integrated report item control which helps you render high quality Code 128 images into SQL Server Reporting Services. This easy-to-use control could be added as item on Visual Studio Toolbox then dragged and dropped onto your reports.
.NET Code 128 CRI Component for SSRS is a custom report item control which stays on reports even on the redistributed ones. Free trial package and optional VB or C# sample codes are provide by this advanced control.
This page provides complete guideline on how to create Code 128 in SSRS projects by using .NET generation SDK and does not require any special or complex configurations. Code 128 symbology valid character set, barcode property customization, barcode standard and IDE & OS requirement in SQL Server Reporting Services are demonstrated.
Code 128 Barcode Generation in Reporting Services (SSRS)
Valid character set includes:|
- Standard ASCII values: 0-128;
- Extended ASCII Values in accordance with ISO 8859-1: 128-255
This custom report item control is compliant with .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5 and above version. |
Create high quality barcode images in low and high resolution dependent on your project needs and print them to all printers including Zebra Thermal Printers.|
Code 128 created by this .NET barcode generator is accurate ISO compliant barcode which defined in ISO / IEC 15417.|
Barcode images will be maintained automatically when reports exported to Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF documents.|
Users have full control over every aspect of Code 128 barcode X, Y dimension, barcode width & height, quiet margin etc.|
Requirement of Code 128 Barcode Generator for SSRS
Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows XP
-.NET Framework 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0
- C#, VB.NET, Managed C++, Borland Delphi for.NET
- Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010
-Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 or 2010
Create New Reporting Services Project in Visual Studio
- Download and unzip the Barcode Generator for SSRS Free Trial;
- Start Visual Studio and create new "Business Intelligence Projects", and then select "Report Server Project Wizard" template. In the popped up "Connection Properties" form, select "AdventureWorks" as data source and lick "OK".
- Copy "SELECT CustomerID, TerritoryID, AccountNumber FROM Sales.Customer" to the Query string input box of "Report Wizard" window, and then click "Next".
- Select "Tabular" as report type and click "Next".
- In next 3 dialogs "Design the Table", "Choose the Table Style", "Choose the Deployment Location", choose default setting of them and click "Next".
- Name the report "Barcode in Reporting Service 2005", and then click "Finish" to complete the creation process.
Generate Code 128 Barcode Images in SQL Server Reporting Services
- item "LinearWinControl" will be displayed on toolbox.
- Add column named "Barcode" to show the barcode images to the report, then drag and drop the "LinearWinControl" to the "Barcode" column.
- Switch to "Properties" window and change property "BarcodeData" to "=Fields!AccountNumber.Value".
- Click "Preview" tab to view the report with Code 128 image.