- Barcode for .NET
- Barcode for Java
- Barcode for MS Office
- Generate barcodes in ASP.NET
- Generate barcodes in .NET WinForms
- Generate barcodes in Visual C#.NET
- Generate barcodes in Visual Basic.NET
- Generate barcodes in Java
- Generate barcodes in Crystal Reports
- Generate barcodes in Reporting Service
- Generate barcodes in RDLC Report
- Generate Barcodes in BIRT Report
- Order Now
- About Us
Identcode barcode symbology is based on the Code 25 Interleaved symbology. It is mainly used in post delivery system to tracking packages. Identcode barcode symbology is also called German Postal 2 of 5 Identcode, Deutsche Post AG Identcode, Deutsche Frachtpost Identcode, Identcode, CodeIdentcode, Deutsche Post AG (DHL). The Identcode Barcode is a numeric only, discrete linear barcode. The tracking number encoded in this barcode symbology contains the information of the customer identification, address and the mail piece. The Identcode Barcode could encode 11 digits plus 1 check digit which makes total length to 12.
Valid Character Set of Identcode Barcode:
Identcode Barcode is capable of encoding 10 numberic characters from 0 to 9.
Component of Identcode Barcode:
The Identcode Barcode could encode 11 digits plus 1 checksum digit. It is composed of 4 parts, including:
- The first 2 digits indicate the primary mail center which sends the mails out.
- The following 3 digits indicate the customer information. Usually it is the information of the sender.
- Next 6 numbers is the delivery number.
- The last one is the checksum digit.
How to generate Identcode:
Identcode could be easily generated in ASP.NET, Reporting Service, win forms and other applications by using Java or .Net. Follow the steps to generate the barcode image.
- Setting property of the Identcode Symbology:
- Setting the DeutschePostIdentcode property.
- Setting the width, dimension property: including the width and height property of bar, BarRatio property, width property of the QuirtZone, top and bottom margin property. All the Values are defined by inches. The valid value of wide and narrow ratio ranges from 2.0 to 3.0 inclusive.
- Setting the code property which encoded in the message. It must in accordance with the component of the Identcode symbology. The length must be 11 digits long.
- Setting barcode image property: including barcode image width, image height and image format (GIF, JPEG, PNG etc.)
- Set the first 2 digits as code for the primary mail center.
- Set the following 3 digits to indicate the customer identification.
- Set the next 6 numbers as the delivery number.
Checksum Digit of Identcode:
To avoid scanning error, the checksum digit is required for the Identcode. Identcode Barcode employs Modulo 10 calculation method like EAN-8 and EAN-13. Follow the steps to compute the checksum digit:
- Find the right-most digit of the barcode, assigned it to the odd position. Put the following data with assigned position of even.
- Put the following digits in sequence from right to left of the Identcode barcode. From the right most to the left, it will follow the odd-even-odd sequence.
- Assigned the data in odd position with weighted value of 3. Assigned the value in even position with weighted value of 1.
- Multiply value with 3 of the digits in odd position.
- Multiply value with 1 of the digits in even position.
- Sum all the total of the weighted summary result.
- Add a number plus the result. Thus the summary could be evenly divided by 10. The number added is the checksum digit.
Note: If summary calculated of the message could be evenly divided by 10. Checksum is "0".